Look Consulting Group proactively cultivates an ethical foundation for all employees that is based on the following ten principles.
1. Legal and ethical compliance
We comply with the spirit and letter of all laws, regulations and rules in Japan and other countries where we do business. We respect human rights and base our conduct on the highest ethical standards.
- We believe that compliance with laws and ethics is central to corporate management both in Japan and overseas, and we remain true and faithful to the spirit of compliance in our conduct.
- We respect human rights in all aspects of daily life, including our business activities.
- We do not allow questionable or suspicious behavior to go unnoted. We immediately report such behavior to a superior or compliance officer and always strive to take appropriate action.
- We proactively contribute to the development of society through our commitment to corporate social responsibility.
2. Customer-oriented solutions
We put customers first.
- We strive to provide solutions that are easy to use while meeting the diverse needs of our customers.
- We foster a creative and vibrant corporate culture that enables us to develop solutions that our customers value.
- We prioritize safety and quality in the development of our solutions. We provide our customers with accurate, easy-to-understand information.
- We respond promptly and in good faith respond to customer inquiries about our solutions.
3. Respect for the human rights of our customers and the protection of personal information
We respect the human rights of our customers. We thoroughly safeguard their personal information.
- We maintain an explicit awareness of the importance of protecting the privacy and personal information of our customers. We handle such information in accordance with the applicable laws and guidelines of relevant ministries and agencies, customers, as well as various in-house regulations.
- Under no circumstances will we use the personal information of our customers for purposes beyond the originally stated intent, nor do we allow the leakage of information to any third party.
- We work closely with our business partners to prevent any leakage of customer personal information.
- We ensure the protection of customer personal information throughout employee tenure and after retirement.
- We strictly handle information related to customer privacy from the standpoint of respect for human rights.
4. Management and safeguarding of confidential corporate information
We acknowledge the importance of corporate proprietary and confidential information and take thorough precautions for the sound management and protection of such information.
- Recognizing the value of business information handled in-house, whether oral or documented, we meticulously manage and safeguard this information to prevent its leakage or improper disclosure.
- We acknowledge the importance of the Information Management Regulations and adhere to them in all situations.
- Under no circumstances will we disclose or disseminate information outside of official Company procedures.
- We respect intellectual property rights and ensure that they are properly handled.
5. Information disclosure and transparency
We disclose Company information in a timely and precise manner to a wide range of stakeholders in Japan and overseas in order to enhance the transparency of our business activities.
- We engage in dialogue with our stakeholders, including customers, local communities, investors, trading partners and employees. We actively seek to gain understanding and build trust by publishing corporate information that is easy to understand.
- We maintain accountability by fairly and properly disclosing corporate information related to overall management, including finances and negative information, at the appropriate times and intervals. Decision-making processes leading to disclosure, etc., are accurately recorded.
- We sincerely respond to requests for the disclosure of information that may have environmental or social implications such as that related to compliance and internal control.
- We comply with laws, regulations and in-house rules regarding information disclosure.
6. Fair, open and free competition and trade
We always trade and compete fairly, openly and freely in Japan and in overseas markets.
- We comply with the rules of free competition in trade without fear or favor.
- We operate within antitrust and unfair competition laws in Japan and overseas and always compete fairly in the market.
- We ensure that transactions are conducted openly and fairly with due respect for our business partners.
- We give due consideration to the compliance practices of our business partners in relation to laws, occupational health and safety, and environmental standards.
- We absolutely reject coercive or illegal dealings with antisocial or criminal groups.
- We maintain appropriate relationships with all of our stakeholders, including politicians and public servants, and never engage in bribery or other forms of illicit behavior.
7. Corporate citizen and social activities
We actively participate in social activities as a good corporate citizen while contributing to the creation of a safe and secure society.
- We promote harmony in both corporate and social activities and conduct business with due consideration for the interests of our stakeholders.
- We voluntarily contribute to local communities, both publicly and privately, in our civic interactions.
- In addition to adhering to the laws and regulations of other countries and localities, we respect local and regional culture and customs and strive to maintain a beneficial presence from these perspectives.
- During times of disaster, we proactively contribute to recovery and support efforts by fully utilizing our capabilities.
8. Addressing environmental concerns
We help preserve the environment and contribute to building a sustainable society that will support human activities into the future.
- Conducting business with consideration for the environment
We proactively consider the environment in the course of our business operations. Throughout all of our business activities, we endeavor to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, properly manage hazardous substances, and conserve resources through by applying the 3 Rs (reduce, reuse and recycle).
- Promoting environmental communications
We contribute to reducing environmental impact by collaborating with business partners in procurement, R&D, sales and after-sale services. We proactively disclose accurate environmental information to facilitate understanding of our environmental activities and incorporate feedback to improve those activities.
- Biodiversity conservation
We promote initiatives aimed at passing on biodiversity to future generations, with a clear understanding of the relationship between business and biodiversity.
9. Respect for employee human rights and individuality
We respect the rights and individuality of each employee and aim to realize a work environment where everyone is encouraged to develop their respective abilities and personalities.
- We respect the human rights of our employees and work to eliminate unjust discrimination and harassment based on such characteristics as ethnicity, nationality, gender and religion.
- We ensure that the management and protection of employee personal information is handled appropriately.
- We offer equal employment opportunities, adhere strictly to the rules of employment and terms of employment contracts, and conduct fair assessments.
- We create work environments where individual employees can demonstrate their diverse qualities and personalities and achieve self-realization.
- We respect the family responsibilities of employees and support their right to lead a fulfilling life.
- We adjust our work environment to adapt to the falling birthrate and an aging society.
- We establish healthy relationships with employees through open communication.
10. In-house ethical system and commitment
The Company's senior management is dedicated to maintaining our ethics system and fostering an awareness of ethical standards and principles among all employees throughout the organization.
- We consider our Code of Ethics to be at the core of our corporate management.
- We proactively participate in compliance education and training to deepen our knowledge, and we maintain a high awareness of our ethics policy in our day-to-day operations.
- Information provided to our compliance consultation service is handled swiftly and appropriately.
- We periodically review the level of compliance with the Code of Ethics, and we continuously gather external and internal feedback to maintain an effective compliance system.
- Our Code of Ethics is disclosed to a wide range of stakeholders both in Japan and overseas as part of our active efforts to gain their trust and build understanding of the code.
- In the event of any violation of law, regulation or ethics, our management identifies the cause, takes steps to resolve the issue to prevent reoccurrence and deals strictly with those involved, including members of the management team, in accordance with regulations provided under corporate law and in-house rules.